CORRECTION: At 7:02 of this video, Dr. Seheult meant to write 6mg (not 6g). We are editing the video now but processing from YouTube may be delayed.
Roger Seheult, MD of https://www.medcram.com reviews many new COVID-19 developments. Some clinicians and hospitals are resistant to utilize dexamethasone for COVID 19 until the data from the Recovery Trial gets published. Dr. Paul Sax of Harvard offers an opinion of why we should not wait. A recent article in the journal Nature provides insight into the longevity of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies and differences between asymptomatic and symptomatic patients. Finally, more studies in the UK on the link between vitamin D and COVID-19. (This video was recorded June 22, 2020).
THE MEDCRAM WEBSITE:
Visit us for videos on over 60 medical topics and CME / CEs for medical professionals: https://www.medcram.com
SUBSCRIBE TO THE MEDCRAM YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
Get notified of new videos by hitting the bell icon:
LINKS / REFERENCES:
Johns Hopkins Tracker and Testing | https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Worldometer | https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
RAPS | https://www.raps.org/news-and-articles/news-articles/2020/3/covid-19-vaccine-tracker
Nature Medicine | https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0965-6
Science | https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/06/corticosteroid-drug-recently-shown-reduce-coronavirus-death-risk-could-run-out-experts
AP | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtQ3E-Nqhho
NEJM | https://blogs.jwatch.org/hiv-id-observations/index.php/dexamethasone-improves-survival-in-covid-19-why-this-should-be-practice-changing-even-before-the-paper-is-published/2020/06/21/
Recovery | https://www.recoverytrial.net/files/recovery-protocol-v6-0-2020-05-14.pdf
Covidence UK | https://www.qmul.ac.uk/covidence/
JAMA | https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2767575
NEJM Article on Thrombosis – https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2015432
Prone Positioning | https://www.ficm.ac.uk/sites/default/files/prone_position_in_adult_critical_care_2019.pdf
MedCram | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okg7uq_HrhQ
PREVIOUS COVID-19 UPDATES:
Please visit MedCram.com for the full series:
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 86: COVID-19 Testing & Cases Increasing but Daily Deaths Decreasing https://youtu.be/blG0xOyVXlo
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 85: Dexamethasone and Key Questions to Ask if in The Hospital (Part 2) https://youtu.be/ie5Oi8m_Rlo
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 84: Key Questions to Ask if in the Hospital for COVID-19 (Part 1 of 2) https://youtu.be/kQr-OLA8xdM
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 83: High Fructose, Vitamin D, & Oxidative Stress in COVID-19 https://youtu.be/a4zfWkvbBaw
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 82: Racial Disparities with COVID-19 & Vitamin D https://youtu.be/bDt6ca2WF3Y
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 81: New Data on Hydroxychloroquine Side Effects & Prevention of COVID-19 https://youtu.be/o5w7FiDJe1g
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 80: COVID-19 Retractions & Data (Hydroxychloroquine, ACE Inhibitors) https://youtu.be/KS-mHOtXX84
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 79: COVID-19 Vaccines to Keep an Eye On – mRNA, Antigen, Others: https://youtu.be/-dYWZMx-Lfs
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 78: Mask Controversy; Vaccine Update for COVID-19 https://youtu.be/_IrYyhufDwI
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 77: Remdesivir Update; COVID-19 in Mexico https://youtu.be/LXtY_3A0WN8
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 76: Antibody Testing False Positives in COVID-19 https://youtu.be/NSRK41UbTEU
All coronavirus updates are at MedCram.com (including the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, and vaccines developments, including mRNA vaccines, covid 19 test, COVID-19 cases in Arizona, Florida, California, New York, Dexamethasone, patient proning, vitamin D and many other topics.
We offer many other medical topics (ECG Interpretation, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, hypertension, anticoagulation, DKA, acute kidney injury, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.) at our website.
MEDCRAM WORKS WITH MEDICAL PROGRAMS AND HOSPITALS:
MedCram offers group discounts for students and a variety of medical programs, hospitals, and other institutions. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Roger Seheult, MD
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
Associate Professor at the University of California, Riverside School of Medicine
Media Contact: email@example.com
Media contact info: https://www.medcram.com/pages/media-contact
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
MedCram medical videos are for medical education and exam preparation, and NOT intended to replace recommendations from your doctor.
#COVID19 #SARSCoV2 #FOAMed