This interactive map is updated every 10 minutes.
What to do if…
If you are sick with COVID-19 or suspect you are infected with the virus that causes…Learn More
President Vladimir Putin says Russia has developed the first vaccine offering "sustainable immunity" against the coronavirus, but the WHO said it does not have enough information on the vaccine to evaluate it. Worldwide...
Fact 1 – Diseases can make anyone sick regardless of their race or ethnicity.
People of Asian descent, including Chinese Americans, are not more likely to get COVID-19 than any other American. Help stop fear by letting people know that being of Asian descent does not increase the chance of getting or spreading COVID-19.
Fact 2 – Some people are at increased risk of getting COVID-19.
People who have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or people who live in or have recently been in an area with ongoing spread are at an increased risk of exposure.
Fact 3 – Someone who has completed quarantine or has been released from isolation does not pose a risk of infection to other people.
Fact 4 – You can help stop COVID-19 by knowing the signs and symptoms:
• Shortness of breath Seek medical advice if you
• Develop symptoms
• Have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or if you live in or have recently been in an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19.
Fact 5 – There are simple things you can do to help keep yourself and others healthy.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Latest Coronavirus News, Coronavirus Videos, Coronavirus Statistics, Articles and Words from CDC.
Dr. Richard Besser discusses the danger of children being exposed to the coronavirus. Aired on 8/12/2020. » Subscribe to MSNBC: http://on.msnbc.com/SubscribeTomsnbc MSNBC delivers breaking news, in-depth analysis of politics headlines, as well as commentary and...
Despite evidence to the contrary, the president is saying the country is coming close to the end of the coronavirus. Mika Brzezinski shares the latest statistics on where the U.S. stands in August on infection and deaths. Aired on 8/12/2020. » Subscribe to MSNBC:...
Child and adolescent psychologist Dr. Gillian Galen discusses how the coronavirus is impacting the mental health of young people and medical workers. Aired on 08/11/2020. » Subscribe to MSNBC: http://on.msnbc.com/SubscribeTomsnbc MSNBC delivers breaking news, in-depth...